What is BuhoCMS?
BuhoCMS is a local Content Management System for static site generators (list of supported SSGs).
See BuhoCMS as a GUI for static site generators. Easily create or open a website, choose your theme and add your first posts. With BuhoCMS, adding and editing content is as easy as a few clicks. No more terminal commands, folder hunting or manual Front matter edits 🥳
Who is BuhoCMS for?
BuhoCMS is made for… you 😃
…that is, everyone using a static site generator who wants an easy to use, graphical way to edit content, so that you can make the best use out of the power of a static site generator: Creating and editing content.
BuhoCMS is ideal for you if you land in at least one of the following categories:
- You already have a static site from a supported SSG and want to easily edit your content from now on
- You want to create a static site from zero with a graphical user interface
- You are a beginner looking for a simple way to begin your journey in using static site generators
- SSGs supported:
- Create or open a site
- Install themes for your site
- Add new posts and edit your Markdown content and Front matter with ease
- Edit content: Use the Markdown toolbar for quickly adding styles
- Markdown preview: Use the Markdown viewer to check your syntax
- Front matter: Graphical User Interface (GUI) for each field like a Text field, Switch, Date picker, Tag editor, and more
- Switch between GUI and raw text mode
- Start, open and stop your local server with a click
- Build your final website and open its folder
- Privacy: BuhoCMS is a local program with no internet connection required – no ads, no tracking
- Free and open source: Licensed under the GPLv3
- Themes: Material Design with multiple color themes, both light and dark
- Fully responsive
- Multiple languages supported – Contribute translating your language!
- …and many more features planned
Download the BuhoCMS-Windows-0.9.0.exe file by clicking the button below or get it from the GitHub releases page.Download .exe
macOS support is planned. Unfortunately I do not currently own a macOS device; to build and test BuhoCMS, a macOS device is needed.
To install BuhoCMS as a Flatpak on Flathub, head over to flathub.org by clicking the button below.
To install BuhoCMS as an AppImage, download the BuhoCMS-Linux-0.9.0.AppImage file by clicking the button below or get it from the GitHub releases page, make it executable and run it. For better desktop integration consider using AppImageLauncher.
To install BuhoCMS as a .deb package, download the BuhoCMS-Linux-0.9.0.deb file by clicking the button below or get it from the GitHub releases page.Download on Flathub Download .AppImage Download .deb
Check out the GitHub repository (https://github.com/iakmds/buhocms) for more information. The README includes a roadmap, information regarding contributing or bug reporting, and the packages used. Feel free to leave a star 🌟 if you enjoy the project!
The code is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 and available on GitHub. The source of this website can be found on GitHub too. Its content is licensed under the CC BY-SA 4.0.